You’re Invited to Be Part…
Would you like a Maryknoll Missioner to be a companion to your chapter? A team of five Affiliates have formed to help you make such a connection. The Maryknoll Sisters have agreed to engage in this process, and we are in discussions with the Society and Lay Missioners.
Possible companion activities: Communicate by email, letter, conference call, or possibly visits. Share your stories, prayers for each other, encouragement, advice.
Who is Invited? Any chapter worldwide, provided a companion can be found who speaks a common language.
- The contact person of interested chapters emails us.
- We send you a short form to provide the information we need to match you to an interested companion.
- The Sisters’ Companion Coordinator gathers the names and information of Sisters willing to be a companion.
- The Companions Team suggests matches, which the Sisters’ Companion Coordinator verifies would be a good fit. She then shares the Chapter information with the Companion, who affirms that she is still ready and willing to be a Companion.
- When the Companions Team hears back that a match has been made, we share the Companion’s contact information with the Chapter Contact Person, who makes the first contact with their new Companion.
How this program came about. During the October meeting/retreat of the Maryknoll Affiliates Board and Regional Coordinators, one theme that was discussed is the importance of making all kinds of connections, not only with those we meet on (Click READ MORE below to see all)
missions, but also with other chapters, with our board and regional coordinators, with other like-minded organizations, and with other Maryknoll missioners. Teams of four or five attendees were challenged to develop prototype programs that would encourage connections. Several members of our team had noted that they enjoyed visiting some of the priests, brothers, and sisters in residence at Ossining—their old friends from previous mission experiences. These seasoned missioners are a goldmine of wisdom, stories, and interest in our current missions.
We also noted that the chapters with regular contact with other Maryknoll missioners are among the more vibrant and sustainable chapters. By using technology to develop a relationship with a missioner, we can overcome the barrier of distance. We hope our Maryknoll Companions Initiative will be a blessing to both the chapters and the companions
The Companion Initiative Team:
: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/vhosts/maryknollaffiliates.org/httpdocs/components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php
on line 248