The Consensus Action Statements from the 2015 October Board Meeting Follow.
Maryknoll Affiliate Board
Consensus Statements and Action Items
Meeting #56 October 25-27, 2015
1) Dave and Paula Schaffner will write an Executive Summary of the survey results.
2) Members of the Board will form working groups to develop three broad areas that emerged as a result of the survey. They may invite others to work with them (see minutes for more detail on the groups’ purview).
a. Communications: Rich, Bob, and Paula (Communications Cmte, NSFA)
b. Connection: Rich, Russ, Nori, and Margo.
1. Youth (subtopic): Rich, Patty S.
c. Growth and Sustainability: Bill, Teruko, and Bob
1. Spirtuality (subtopic): Bill, Teruko, Bob
3) The Board will have a conference call during the third week of January. The purpose of the call is to report on the progress of the three committees formed to address responses to the survey (consensus item #2) and discern the direction of the committees’ work.
4) The Board agreed to finance an annual website consultant fee of $1800 to provide ongoing technical support to Bob for the Affiliate website.
5) Two new Board members were selected for terms beginning at the April 2016 meeting: Ginny McEvoy and Gerry Mullaney. A third person will be invited to consider serving.
6) By strong consensus, Dave Schaffner was selected as the new Chair of the Board.
7) The Board affirmed that the committee charged with rewriting the Affiliate Organization Document (Mary M, Joe S, Ann C) had enough information to proceed with their revisions. An updated draft will be reviewed at the April 2016 meeting for approval.