How is your chapter, your community, responding to immigrants?
Since many immigrants in the US are threatened with deportation, various organizations are offering sanctuary and solidarity:
- Some schools do not collect or release information that could brand a student as “illegal.”
- Some churches offer physical sanctuary or assist other churches.
- Some states or communities by law do not allow their resources to be used to enforce federal immigration rules.
- Some families open their homes to individuals who are pursuing refugee status or to immigrant teenagers who have “aged out” of the foster care system and might be incarcerated or deported.
- Some Affiliates visit immigrants in detention. Others accompany immigrants to appointments or to court.
What can we do? What will we do?
What would Jesus do?