Love in Action – Mission on the Margins
The Seattle Chapter was formed about 20 years ago. Within the past two years, some Affiliate members of the Seattle Chapter have done short-term overseas experiences in Mexico, Thailand, Tanzania, and El Salvador. Because Affiliates are becoming such active and vital links in the Maryknoll movement, the Seattle Affiliate Chapter is sponsoring a Western Regional Conference to discuss the importance of Mission and the role of lay people in Mission.
General session speakers:
- Bob Short, Executive Coordinator of Maryknoll Affiliates
- Gloria Burton, CCS Director of Farmworker Initiative for Catholic Housing Services
- Renate Schneider, Executive Director of Haitian Connection.
- Fair Trade Coffee – Barb Luxenberg
- Skagit Valley Migrant Workers – José Ortiz
- Micro Financing – Tom Mailhot
- El Salvador – Joe Hastings
- Earth Ministry – Jessie Dye
- Human Trafficking – Anna Clarke
Conference dates: August 7-9, 2015
Conference location: Seattle University’s LeRoux Conference Center. Housing in Bellarmine Hall.
Conference fees—3 days, including meals & lodging:
by June 30
Double – per person $220.00 $250.00 Single $250.00 $280.00 Commuter (no lodging) $150.00 $180.00
Questions? Please contact Al Drinkwine:
Phone – 425-821-1737